Sunday, 16 January 2011

Lots of Mega Drive Games

LOTS OF MEGA DRIVE GAMES


Did that get your attention? Good.

While all of my brother's were under the same roof over the Christmas period, I made sure to bring up the point of all of the “family games”, i.e. all of the games whose ownership we can't be sure about due to them being bought too long ago for anyone to remember. We all went through the game and took out what we really wanted with the rest going to me; as I'm the only member of our family who is active retro gamer. It was all very diplomatic. As a result of  this, my personal Mega Drive collection has grown by 36 games.




Needless to say that I'm dead chuffed; a lot of the games were absolute childhood favourites and I still have fond memories of playing them. The ones I'm most happy about are Atomic Runner, Moonwalker, Robocop vs Terminator, Mercs, Aladdin, Power Rangers, Flashback, Mortal Kombat and the Sonic games. As well as some others.


Unfortunately the memories of some of these games are not so fond e.g. Ren and Stimpy, Batman Forever. Super Thunder Blade, Zool, Spiderman... I can't sell these games as I agreed not to, and since I don't have the will power to throw them away it looks like I'm stuck with them. I'll probably play them too. For old times sake.

 
In addition to this, I've also gotten some lose manuals, loose games, lose cases and games whose cases have simply been destroyed over time. This is unfortunate, but I'm sure if I hold onto these bits and bobs I'll be able to buy the other components and piece together some complete copies.


Of course, it would be unfair if I didn't at least mention the Playstation games I've also acquired. Again, I'm dead chuffed with what I've got. They're not all “classics”, but the majority of them are definitely worth playing.



Alas, they're staying in the cardboard box they've been in for a few years now as I simply have no more space for games in my tiny room. Nor do I have the time to play any of them. I'm getting close to the point where I may catch myself saying “I have too many games”.

I shudder to think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.