Thursday, 13 September 2012

Bayonetta 2 Officially Announced; Michael Westgarth Officially Has a Heart Attack


Holy egg-in-a-bun it's real. I mean, it's really real. It's not a rumour, a leak or a tease, it's official: Bayonneta 2 is on its way and I could not be happier. Not only is Bayonetta possibly my favourite Xbox 360 game, excluding XBLA games, it's an industry-wide favourite as well.

The original game is one of fourteen to ever have gotten 10/10 in EDGE.
  


Bayonetta is a game that got people talking. It was fast, it was hectic, it was beautiful and it was brutal. It took the gameplay elements that were being made stale in the action-adventure genre by the likes of Devil May Cry and God of War and made them relevant again. Of particular interest to me was the way Bayonetta put Sega back on the map. The game rated well, it sold well, and it generated a devoted fan base that are undoubtedly rejoicing around the world as we speak. We have Platinum Games back on board as well as director Yusuke Hashimo and this time around we have Nintendo as a publisher; the later being cause of concern for me as it means only one thing:

Bayonetta 2 will be a WiiU exclusive.


Perhaps more shocking than the news of the game's existence is it's WiiU exclusivity. It makes perfect sense however as the name Bayonetta 2 stuck next to Nintendo and WiiU speaks volumes for the direction Nintendo are taking the WiiU, as well as its capabilities. Make Bayonetta 2 a launch title alongside New Super Mario Bros. U and you're looking at some serious day-one sales.


I can't afford a WiiU at launch, and it'll probably be some time before I get my hands on one at all, so Bayonetta 2 will be out of reach for some time. This is of course disappointing for me, but I know this will give Sega the cash injection it so sorely needs. Combine Japanese Bayonetta 2 sales with the Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F sales and Sega my just make it out of their financial hardships.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.