Sunday, 23 September 2012

From the Escapist to Macho Man


It's been a few days since my last post so I thought I would throw something up to fill the void, the void filler being the above video: Skyrim's Macho Dragon Mod.

The Macho Dragon Mod replaces the dragons in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with legendary wrestler 'Macho Man' Randy Savage, complete with classic sound bites. It's difficult to comprehend how this would even work, but the video above speaks for itself. Stare in awe of the mighty Macho Man as he descends from the heavens to smite Hogan worshipping mortals. Listen to him roar 'YEA' as fire erupts from his mouth, laying waste to everything in his sight.

This mod isn't anything new and got a fair amount of coverage at the time of its release, which is undoubtedly linked to Randy Savage's untimely death in May last year, and although I had seen and heard of many Skyrim bugs, glitches and mods, I had somehow missed to this one.


So how did I discover it? Well, it was mentioned on the Escapist's second Q&A panel held as part of the very first Escapist Expo. I had been making my way through each of the hour long panels, as they are fantastic sources of information for budding freelance game journalists like myself, and feature some of my favourite and most respected names in the business. Anyone with a few hours to spare wishing to gain near-eternal wisdom should follow this link and check them out.

So there you have it. Randy Savage lives on as a destructive, fire breathing dragon in one of the most successful games of last year. If you haven't seen this video before then at least this blog post wasn't made entirely in vain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.