Friday, 16 November 2012

All Outta Tea - A Short Story


Halloween is well out of range now and, following the advent of Guy Fawkes night, nothing can stop the gargantuan, consumerist Christmas war machine from taking over. Mark my words, in a couple of decades we won't even remember Halloween or Guy Fawkes at all and the bible will be amended so that Christmas officially starts mid-September and ends mid-January.

But did you know that I wrote a short story for Halloween?

All Outta Tea is a short story at about 7,000 words written for and published on Sega Addicts. The story follows the tribulations of a young man acquainted with the big city life who must venture back to the quaint Yorkshire farm house he grew up in after receiving news of his mother's death. However, after running into a group of blood thirsty cultists, he must fend for his life as he attempts to unlock the mysteries of the dimension spanning Mega Genesis device that comes to him in a dream.


I'm pretty proud of myself for finding the creative energy to finish an entire story. I have attempted to write short pieces of fiction on several occasions but have never made my way to the end. The story itself is rather tongue-in-cheek, which becomes obvious about half ways through when the blood starts splattering, and I had a lot of fun writing it. The reason I didn't highlight the story on my blog earlier is due to me leaving for my short trip to visit family in England, which saw me away from home in the four days leading up to Halloween, which is when the four parts of the story were published.

Even so, if you have a bit of time on your hands and don't mind reading a spooky story on the run up to Christmas then please do have a read of All Outta Tea:


By the way, be sure to check out some of the photos my girlfriend took of the fireworks display we watched while in Birmingham.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.