Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Now Writing for Geek Magazine

Geek Magazine is an online outlet for gaming, gadget and mobile device news and reviews whose writing staff I am happy to announce to be part of. For the time being I will be providing the site with topical gaming news a few times a week, however my role with the team is set to expand in the new year to include more frequent news as well as reviews.


As for now I'll be collecting together each week's news and posting excerpts on my blog MegaWestgarth and kindly ask that you click on through to Geek Magazine and read what I have to say. The website is in its early stages, but growth is soon to come. It's an exiting opportunity and I'm really grateful to be part of it.

As for this weeks' news we've got Valve CEO Gabe Newell's select words on a Steam enabled PC for use on televisions which the company hopes to make available sometime in 2013. Check out my report here.  Click through to read more of my personal opinion on this news.


As for this weeks' news we've got Valve CEO Gabe Newell's select words on a Steam enabled PC for use on televisions which the company hopes to make available sometime in 2013. Check out my report here.

This is of great personal interest to me as I own many Steam games, a lot of which are from the several Humble Indie Bundles I've purchased over the years. Unfortunately I am unable to play even the most basic indie game on my archaic laptop and desktop computer. Being able to purchase a device that can guarantee that these games will perform well on a  PC device, that I can used on my television with a controller at a price that rivals that of the big three console manufacturers, then I want in on that.

In terms of the bigger picture, this will greatly upset the balance between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony and will force them to act on their poor digital content delivery systems which will undoubtedly fail when compared to Steam and the fantastic Steam sales.


Secondly I couldn't help but jump onto the Metal Gear Solid V/ The Phantom Pain bandwagon. If you've yet to hear the news, Spike TV's VGA showed a new, mysterious game titled The Phantom Pain by previously unheard of developer Moby Dick Studios. Literally a few hours after, keen eyed gamers were reporting clues scattered throughout the trailer that suggested that now only was it a new entry in Konami's Metal Gear series, but that it was in fact footage of Metal Gear Solid V check out my run down of some of the most compelling evidence here.

I'm really hopeful that my writing position with Geek Magazine will blossom in the coming year, but for now I'll keep you updated from here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.