Sunday, 24 March 2013

Geek Mag Roundup: Good Comics, Bad Comic Films



You may remember that before I lost my internet connection and moved back to the UK, I wrote weekly roundups of the work I've been doing over at Geek Magazine. Now that I'm up and running as a writer again I'm bringing to roundups back starting with this one.

Ken Levine Reveals BioShock Movie Cancellation Details
Last week during a BAFTA talk Ken Levine spilt the beans over the cancelled BioShock film project. The news generated quite a stir and resulted in me writing an article that looked over the entire project from start to finish as well as pondering over whether or not it was a good idea in the first place.

Mars Curiosity Rover Finds Environment Once Suitable for Life
NASA's Mars Curiosity rover struck gold in the form of ancient clay materials found within a rock sample taken from the Martian Gale Crater. The minerals found are definitive evidence that water was once present on Mars and that an environment once suitable for life existed on the red planet at some point in its history.

Everything We Know about the Aliens: Colonial Marines Debacle
Unless you've been living under a rock, or have had no internet connection like me, then you've undoubtedly heard of the fiasco that is Aliens: Colonial Marines. Sega blame Gearbox, Gearbox blame TimeGate and TimeGate lays people off. What on Earth happened? Click the link above to find out.

Gamer Dad Creates Donkey Kong ‘Pauline Edition’ for Daughter
What do you do when your three year old daughter asks why you can't play as the girl in Nintendo classic Donkey Kong? Stay up all night hacking the ROM to switch Mario for Pauline, that's what. Click on through to read the whole story.

Geek Magazine’s Non-Super Comic Book Heroes
If you're anything like me then you're probably getting bored of the world of comics rotating around Superman, Batman, The Avengers and the X-Men. In response to this I collected  few of my favourite comic heroes completely devoid of any super power. Read over my article through the link above and see if you agree with my choices.

The Absolute Worst Comic Book Movies
If you're also like me then you're probably wondering how people are so quick to forget all the bad comic book movies that have come out prior to all the good ones we have now. I thought I'd break the spirits of comic book movie fans with my article looking at some of the worst comic book movies ever. Have a gander through the link above.

How To Set Up a Home Arcade System
If you're reading my blog then you're probably already familiar with arcade game emulation through MAME and probably own a few arcade sticks too. Even so, I thought the readers of Geek Mag could do with a dash of enlightenment with the simple guide accessible via the link above.

Remember, you can keep up to date with all my writing through my blog MegaWestgarth, my personal Geek Magazine page, or via Twitter @MegaWestgarth. Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.