Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Geek Insider Roundup: Farewell LucasArts, Hello Marvel "Phase 2"



This week's roundup is a little late and should have come up over the weekend, but nevertheless my weekly roundup of all the articles I've posted at Geek Magazine (recently renamed to Geek Insider) is here.

The last week was one of laughter and one of sorrow. Although the entire internet was inundated with April fools day jokes and pranks, we'd all end up bowing our heads momentarily in response to the closure of LucasArts by Disney. There's a lot I can say about LucasArts and how their games have affected me as a gamer, but that's something I'll leave for another time. For now, lets just get on with the roundup.

The Many Faces of Spider-Man

Spider-Man is one of Marvel's most popular and eduring chracters ever. Even so, many fans of the web slinger are not aware of his many incarnations and costumes. This article looks at some of the most interesting people to take up the name of Spider-Man.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – Best Bits

If you've been paying close attention to my Twitter feed over the last few weeks then you may have found some amusement in my multiple failed attempts to find time to play Platinum Games' recent sci-fi action game Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I enjoyed this game thoroughly on many levels, but collected a few of my favourite parts for this article. Agree? Disagree? Let me know.

The Worst Comic Book Movies – Part II

After the success and "popularity" of my previous comic book movie article it became clear that the realm of poorly made film adaptations of comic books was simply too large and diverse to be contained in just one article. Therefore I've written up even more terrible comic book movie offenders in this new "Part II" follow up.

Gaming’s Best April Fools Day Jokes of 2013

Many have said it, but it doesn't make it any less true: April 1st is the worst day to be on the internet. If you're able to take every single piece of news with a huge grain of salt, however, then April 1st can be a throughly enjoyable and hilarious event. I had a great time reading over all the ridiculous gaming news stories,  so I collected together some of my favourites in this handy, bite-sized article.

Marvel Release Preview of Phase 2 Movies: Thor, Ant-Man and More

Although most Marvel fans were well aware of the upcoming Iron Man 3, and even Thor 2 and Captain America 2, a recent preview video showing off a good amount of behind the scenes footage of these films has been released. Known as "Phase 2", these films will include characters well known and otherwise. Check out the article for further information.

Disney Shuts Down LucasArts For Good

Disney released a statement a week ago informing the press that they were closing LucasArts' doors for good. The development studio, which has put out many incredible games over the last few decades, was working on two Star Wars games that are now likely to be cancelled. It's a very unfortunate situation with different sources giving conflicting information. The link above will take you to my article which covers the matter in greater depth.

As always, thanks for reading. You can keep up to date with everything I write via my Twitter feed @MegaWestgarth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.