Sunday, 12 May 2013

Free Comic Book Day 2013 Aftermath

megawestgarth marvel infinity free comic book day 2013

It's hard to believe that it's been over a whole week since Free Comic Book Day 2013. I was lucky enough to grab a range of interesting comics and I hope you all did too. 

My stack of unread comics is still higher that I'd like it to be, but between comic binges I've been ardently submitting reviews of the most noteworthy comics to Geek Insider.

Free Comic Book Day 2013: Our Picks

A follow-up to "Free Comic Book Day 2013 Guide", this new article compares the hype surrounding each comic to its actual quality. It features my initial reactions to Marvel's Infinity, The Steam Engines of OzSonic and Mega Man: Worlds Collide Prelude and more, all in one handy article. Go ahead, have a look at "Free Comic Book Day 2013: Our Picks" and see how my impressions compare to your own.

Comic Review: Infinity

Marvel's big Free Comic Book Day 2013 offering was of course a preview to their Marvel Universe encompassing Infinity story arc due to arrive this August. Writer Jonathan Hickman goes full throttle on the dark, heavy hitting sci-fi themes that he's become known as the writer for Avengers Vol. 5. Have a read of what I thought in my Infinity review.

Comic Review: Sonic and Mega Man: Worlds Collide Prelude

I was really excited about Archie's Free Comic Book Day 2013 issue this year as it would not only contain the prelude to the Mega Man/ Sonic crossover event "Worlds Collide", but it would also be my first opportunity to read Archie's comic book adaptation of Capcom's blue bomber. Archie's comics are not as popular in the UK as they are in the US and are difficult to get a hold of. In fact, I had to go to great lengths to get my hands on the Sonic the Hedgehog four-issue "Genesis" story arc! Check out my review of Sonic and Mega Man: Worlds Collide Prelude over at Geek Insider.

More Comic Reviews Incoming!

I'm ploughing through my stash of comic books as quickly as humanely possible in order to write up quality reviews for Geek Insider. The pile has quadrupled over the last week which means more work for me, but more reviews for you!

Follow this blog or follow me on Twitter @MegaWestgarth to keep up to date with all my work. Thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.