Saturday, 4 May 2013

Free Comic Book Day 2013

free comic book day

It's that time of year again and at the time this blog post is published I should have already exited my local comic book shop with a heap of free comics. This year will actually be the first year I've participated in Free Comic Book Day in my home town of Ipswich, where I'll be getting my stash from the independently run  Central City Comics.

There isn't all that much that's grabbing my attention from the list of announced comic books apart from Marvel's Infinity, IDW's Judge Dredd Classics, New England Comics' The Tick and Archie's Sonic/ Mega Man crossover prelude. But there are still a few comics I'll be keeping my eye out for, namely The Steam Engines of Oz, Aphrodite IX, Atomic Robo & Friends, Scratch 9, and Top Shelf Kids Club.

I'll be reviewing some of the more mainstream "Gold Books" from Free Comic Book Day 2013 for Geek Insider over the next week. But until then you can look over my "Geek Insider's Free Comic Book Day 2013 Guide" article I had published late last week. Additionally you can read my reviews of Wolverine MAX #6 and Avengers #10, as well as feature articles "On the Rape of Ms. Marvel" and "On the Uncanny Avengers 'M' Word Debate" over on Geek Insider now.

I hope everyone reading this have visiting and supported their local comic book shop. If you haven't already then there's no time to lose. Grab your coat and get some free comics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.