Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Geek Insider: Sanctum 2 Preview

megawestgarth sanctum 2 review

As someone who doesn't own a mobile device and spends as little time on the internet as possible, my exposure to the wonderless world of generic tower defence games has been minor. Even relatively well presented tower defence games like Revenge of the Titans fail to hold my attention for very long.

For those who don't know, Sanctum 2 is a FPS, 4-player coop tower defence game with very Mass Effect-like aesthetics. I approached the game's publisher Reverb with an air of scepticism as I secured access to a Sanctum 2 preview build on Steam. But after half an hour of placing walls, erecting automated gun turrets and blasting alien invaders with my rocket launcher, I realised I was playing what may very well turn out to be the best indie game of 2013.

Sanctum 2 will be released on PSN, XBLA and Steam tomorrow, May 15th. I wasn't aware of this fact while writing the preview article last week, but it's still worth having a look at if you want to learn more about one of the best videogame genre hybrids I've played in a long time.

Check out my preview of Sanctum 2 over at Geek Insider now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.