Monday, 27 May 2013

MCM London: Dynasty Warriors 8 Preview



I wrote a preview article on Dynasty Warriors 8 for GamerTell, check it out!

At the time of writing this blog post, this year's MCM London Comic Con will have just closed its doors. I visited the expo, held in London's ExCel exhibition centre, on Friday May 24th 2013. I talked to a bunch of cool people, bought a few cool things and played a lot of cool games.

Dynasty Warriors 8 wasn't one of them.

It seems that Tecmo Koei has been pumping out these games since the dawn of time, or at least since Romance of the Three Kingdoms was written. The Dynasty Warriors series isn't know for the leaps and bounds it makes between releases and it'll be of no surprise to anyone that Dynasty Warriors 8 is no different.

Is the lack of innovation between sequels a bad thing? Yes. Does it bother me personally? Meh, not that much. I know what I'm buying when I pick up an Dynasty Warriors game: Everything that was in the last game but very slightly better.

But before I go one about it too much I should probably just direct you to my full preview for Dynasty Warriors 8 on GamerTell. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.