Wednesday, 29 May 2013

MCM London: I Played The Neo Geo X. T'was fun.

neo geo x

Neo Geo X; that console thing that's like that other console thing your friend's uncle's co-worker mentioned back in 1997. I played on it at MCM London and I had a good time.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic, but in all honesty if I hadn't embroiled myself in the retro gaming community a couple of years ago I wouldn't have had a clue of the Neo Geo's existence. Granted, it's a really cool console that allowed for a genuine arcade experience to be had at home, but it and it's games cost an arm and a leg to buy, so nobody really bought it. I had the pleasure of playing a Neo Geo for the first and last time at Gamescom 2012.

When I went to MCM London Comic Con I played a lot of games. 3D Space Harrier, Project X Zone, Rayman Legends, Dynasty Warriors 8, Resident Evil: Revelations, Deadpool and many more. But despite my heavy involvement in the sweaty, sticky, video game orgy, I still managed to spend some time with SNK Playmore's Neo Geo X console. You can check out my preview of the Neo Geo X via the GamerTell article "Neo Geo X: Hands-on with SNK’s retro throwback".

After my brother and I blasted through a few missions of Metal Slug I had a quick chat with the charming David Chitty of FunStock. FunStock, in partnership with Blaze Europe, distribute and sell Neo Geo X units to European customers and retailers. Mr. Chitty had some interesting things to say. See what those words were in GamerTell's "FunStock’s David Chitty talks pixels, smiles and Neo Geo X".

As I have done already on Twitter @MegaWestgarth, I'd like to once again thank David Chitty for taking the time to talk to me about the Neo Geo X at MCM London Comic Con. I hope to see him and FunStock again in the near future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.