Friday, 17 May 2013

Nintendo Announce Sonic Lost World

megawestgarth sonic lost world

Nintendo have officially announced that new game Sonic Lost World will be appearing exclusively on the Nintendo Wii U and 3DS. Only the above screenshot was released along with the enigmatic "action adventure" genre description. But will this be the end of the dreaded "Sonic Cycle"?

It's foolish to make too many speculations based off a single screenshot, but this looks like a game that will mix the robust gameplay of Sonic Generations, the multi-world layout of Sonic Colours and the classic Sonic aesthetics found in Sonic 4: Episode II.

Am I excited? Not yet. I need to see something more substantial before I poop my official Sonic the Hedgehog boxer shorts. However I will say that it's exciting to hear that Nintendo and Sega are teaming up to focus their efforts on one platform. I hope it works out for both of them.

Check out my report on Sega Addicts and head over to Geek Insider to read my full Nintendo Direct article.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.