Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Geek Insider: Comic Review Roundup



Comic book reviews. I write them. In most cases relay their whereabouts to you lot. Despite taking place a week and a half ago, MCM London Comic Con is still getting in the way of my normal working schedule and yes, I'm still having MCM London-related articles published across the web. Unfortunately this has meant that my blog, MegaWestgarth, has had to take a back seat. 

To make up for it, here's a quick roundup of all the comic book reviews I've had published recently.

Earth 2 Annual #1

This would mark the first time I've read a comic book annual outside of trade paperbacks, let along review one. I've always liked the idea of parallel universes and alternate versions of well established pop culture characters, so seeing that a new Earth 2 Batman would be appearing in Earth 2 Annual #1 filled me with anticipation. Unfortunately the comic wasn't all DC made it out to be, although I still managed to squeeze a poem out of it.

As swift he comes is just as swift he goes,
This Darkest Knight, he stalks an Earth, unknown.

Avengers #12

Jonathan Hickman is back with more crazy sci-fi Marvel goodness in Avengers #12. This time the Avengers play god and attempt to raise a group of neo-humans in their own image. Do we get any answers or just more questions? Check out my review of Avengers #12 to find out.

Atomic Robo/ Bodie Troll

This comic book review is the last of the Free Comic Book Day 2013 reviews I'll be writing. There were so many great comics to talk about and there's plenty more I still want to say, but for now I'll have to wait. Still, I had so many things I wanted to say about Bodie Troll in particular that I had to write up a review. Have a read over at Geek Insider now.

Deadpool Killustrated #4

I managed to get a lend of this one from a friend of mine and thought it a great opportunity to introduce Geek Insider readers to Marvel's merc with a mouth Deadpool, especially since I knew I'd be playing Deadpool at MCM London. Deadpool Killustrated #4 is... A bit of an oddball comic. It's extremely interesting but... Well... You're better off just reading my Deadpool Killustrated #4 review!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.