Saturday, 28 September 2013

Sega Addicts - GameCity Presents: Modern Playing



A week ago I attended the first of a quarterly series of shows/ talks run by GameCity director Iain Simons and Prof. James Newman -- Modern Playing. The theme of each of the shows is simply "videogame culture" or, simply put,. how videogames have and continue to affect our lives.

I had no expectations because I honestly didn't know what to expect. What I can say is that I had a very nice time and met lots of interesting indie devs. I thoroughly look forward to Modern Playing's return in three months' time.

I wrote about my experience at Modern Playing, as well as the videogames I played and the stories I listened to, in a Sega Addicts feature article titled "GameCity Presents: Modern Playing – A Sega Addict’s tale". 

Even if you've never heard of GameCity or Modern Playing, I think you might get something out of the article. Because if there's one thing every human has in common, it's that we're all gamers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.