Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Introducing: Brand of Confusion



Brand of Confusion is a new section of my blog where I'll showcase the many artistic brain farts I've brought to life through the magic of MSPaint. 

It's important to remember right off the bat that some of the images I've created contain a deeper meaning, some mean something only to myself, some are ambiguous in their meaning and some are completely pointless. However, each represents a train of thought I've had at some point in the past, developed to different degrees, and offered without explanation.

Why MSPaint? Well, the easiest answer to that question is my taste in comedy i.e. I enjoy the absurd. Be it the misplaced Yorkshire accents of Bo' Selecta!, the adventures of three food items in Aqua Teen Hunger Force, or the minimalistic brilliance of the best Youtube Poops; if it makes little to no sense, I'll probably find it funny.

The world's most enduring and historical internet memes have all been created in MSPaint, or another equally rudimentary image editor. It's been said many times by many people, but the imposition of boundaries results in the greatest achievements, as it takes a particular kind of mind to push said boundaries to their known limits and beyond.

I'm no artist. I'm not forcibly trying to create memes -- memes don't work like that anyway. I just make silly images in MSPaint for my own enjoyment and for the enjoyment of those who share my crude, pixelated passion e.g. the wonderful Stevie Grant.

It's my hope that you'll enjoy Brand of Confusion as much as I enjoy contributing to it. Maybe you will and maybe you won't, but I don't actually care.

Hit the jump to see the first entry in Brand of Confusion in full, as will be the format of all Brand of Confusion blog posts.


Click the image below to view it in its original size:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.