Saturday, 16 November 2013

MegaWestgarth: New Endeavours



There's an annoying saying I've heard that is used to describe many of modern life's greatest endeavours:

"Getting/ finding X is like waiting for a bus -- you'll wait ages and then three come at once."

Obviously, X is meant to be replaced with romance, a dream job, finding a reduced cheesecake at Tesco etc. But right now, the saying seems rather apt for me and my work as a writer. You see, I've found myself in a position that is similar to that of the last year or so, but ever so slightly better. I'm writing for several new outlets with bits and pieces of content spring up all over the place -- so much so that I haven't had enough time to showcase said content on my blog.

So let me take the time to get my blog up to speed on my current writing projects. Hit the jump to find out what I've been up to!


ANIME COURTYARD

Firstly, I've written a series of reviews for a Mexican website titled Anime Courtyard, run by a chap named Mario Salcedo. Mario approached me as Anime Courtyard didn't have a UK based writer and thus the site had missed out on review opportunities that were only open to UK/ European based reviewers. As a result, I get sent review copies of games highly anticipated by gamers and the gaming press alike, Anime Courtyard gets a review by yours truly and I get some solid videogame review writing samples to add to my list of published works -- a very mutual agreement indeed.

As of now I've had four reviews published on Anime Courtyard including a review of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Ghosts:

Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS)
Pokémon X and Y (Nintendo 3DS)
Batman: Arkham Origins (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (PlayStation 3)

STRATEGY INFORMER

Strategy Informer is unlike most other outlet's I've written for in the way that it covers modern PC gaming topics (unlike Alienware Arena, where many of my articles are retrospective). I've been brought on over there to write reviews and editorials the first of which, an article looking at Nosgoth's place in the Legacy of Kain series, is already available to read. Expect more in the future.

Editorial: Nosgoth - The End of an Era or a Legacy Reborn?

GAME RANT

With Anime Courtyard and Strategy Informer keeping me busy with reviews and feature articles, Game Rant will be then new home of my news reporting. As of now, I've only just begun getting myself stuck in with Game Rant's news story distribution system and therefore haven't had all that many articles published. That, however, will change very soon.

Adam ‘Deal With It’ Orth Says He’s a ‘Better Person’ After Always-On Fiasco

TSSZ NEWS

Those who read my blog post titled "To Sega Addicts, Thanks For Everything! Michael Westgarth" will know that my time with the Sega lovin' crew over at Sega Addicts has come to an end. However, those who enjoyed my more... rambunctous Sega related articles will be pleased to know that I'll be continuing the trend as TSSZ News' columnist.

The content will be infrequent (probably monthly), but they are editorials, which means a great level of entertainment value for you and for me. The column will be titled 'Vertical Slice' and will be up and running in the near future

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.