Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Poem: So Many Pheasants


Show me a land flatter than this,
And some will come to mind,
Never a land nor Western field,
Can match the land I find,

Those warm, calm plains, they swell with charm,
And so too do the crops,
Whose dew doth glisten in the morn,
When autumn's blanket drops,

And animals, they seem quite scarce,
For those with lazy eyes,
Yet horses, sheep and pigs will treat
and greet all passersby,

And lo! the pheasants' silly gait,
Their heads bob to and fro,
Like them, when ground does become flat,
I know I've found my home.


Other poems by Michael Westgarth
The Luckiest Man In All The World [Jan, 2014]
Brownian Emotion [Oct, 2013]
Irrespect for Equality and Diversity - The Historical Carousel [Oct, 2013]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.