Tuesday, 4 March 2014

I Bought a Thing: Action Comics Volume 2


The purchase of Action Comics: Volume 2 was also a simple decision. I'd already bought, read and enjoyed Action Comics #1-8 while I had a disposable income in Eindhoven, The Netherlands. However, once I moved to the Southerly town of Roermond, my access to comic books was restricted to online vendors, and I simply lost interest.

Fortunately, I know that the "News 52" version of Action Comics takes a nosedive in quality after Action Comics #18 and the departure of Grant Morrison as the series' writer, meaning I only need to get a copy of Action Comics: Volume 3 to complete Grant Morrison's story arc. I know this because I reviewed Action Comics #20-22 back when I was writing for Geek Insider, wishing the whole time that I was reading All-Star Superman instead.

I bought this book along with two others last week from a market stall on my local high street. More information on the situation surrounding their purchase can be read in this blog post, which also talks about one of the other graphic novels I bought titled Superman: Last Son of Krypton.

You can expect a new blog post on the third book, Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man Volume 2 very soon, but to stay up-to-date I'd suggest following me on Twitter @MegaWestgarth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.