Wednesday, 12 March 2014

MegaWestgarth: A Word On Advertising

On the right hand side of this blog is an advertisement for a product that is not directly related to the content of articles I write for this blog. The advert links to a page that itself advertises a self help e-book written by Chris Chandra. I have not read the book in question and do not have any opinion whatsoever regarding the book's quality.

Chandra approached me and asked if I was interested in pacing the advert on my blog. After some thought on the matter I agreed. I'll receive a percentage of all e-book sales that are made as a result of someone clicking the advert on my blog. I do not get paid for the individual "clicks" themselves.

As of now, the link to Chandra's e-book is the only advert I have on my site. Any and all adverts that ever appear on MegaWestgarth will be labelled as such. Any money I make from adverts will go back into the site or will be spent on equipment and other materials that will help me produce more original content.

I've written this quick blog post for the sake of transparency. My small but sturdy readerbase mean an awful lot to me, and I want to keep you all in the loop.

Cheers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.