Monday, 19 May 2014

I Bought a Thing: Stormwatch #7-10


MegaWestgarth StormWatch



As I mentioned in my Daimakaimura post, I've recently been to Leeds with Emma for her birthday where I bought some stuff. Some of this stuff was comic books, or to be more precise, StormWatch Volume 3, #7-10.

It's been said both on MegaWestgarth and Chuckle-Bits Radio that I'm a big fan of WildStorm's The Authority and, to a lesser extent, StormWatch. So when DC announced in 2011 that StormWatch would be rebooted as part of the New 52, my wallet practically leapt out of my pocket. I bought as many issues as I could while living in the Netherlands, but due to the scarcity of American comic book sellers in the region I was living, I had to drop StormWatch at #5.


MegaWestgarth StormWatch
Click image to enlarge
I was quite chuffed then to find that the fantastic Travelling Man in Leeds city centre was selling StormWatch Volume 3 back issues for 50 pence a piece. I bought every issue I knew I didn't already have as well as issue 5 -- as I couldn't quite remember if I had it or not. Unfortunately they didn't have StormWatch #6, but I think I'll be reading the ones I have anyway.

MegaWestgarth StormWatch
Click image to enlarge
StormWatch was cancelled by DC after thirty issues, along with many other WildStorm New 52 reboots. It's a little sad, but I suspect the books' quality might not have been up to par, or that the writers didn't know what to do with characters that once carried so much weight. Anyway, it's entirely plausible for me to get my hands on all thirty issues, so watch this space -- I might just have more StormWatch to show off in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.