Thursday, 8 May 2014

MegaWestgarth 40,000



I've just checked my blog stats for the first time in a while and noticed that the view count for MegaWestgarth just ticked over to 40,000.

That's really amazing when I think about it. Even though a decent proportion of those views are from bots and indexing services, the majority of them are from actual human beings that ended up, intentionally or unintentionally, having a gander at my blog.

What's really interesting though is that from the metrics available to me, most of my viewers ended up here via Google Image Search. The old posts I made while in the Netherlands on my Phillips CDI and Game Boy Advance motherload are still widely popular, while many others arrived at my old review of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption based on the keywords "Metroid Prime Trilogy" and an image I pinched from IGN.

Even so, the statistics from more recent months show that my work for TSSZ and my comments on humerous Sonic fans have drawn a lot of attention to MegaWestgarth. Additionally, Chuckle-Bits Radio -- a new podcast hosted by Stevie Grant and I -- is also very popular.

At any one time my work day is stretched between several different projects online and offline. As such, MegaWestgarth doesn't always end up with the amount of original content I'd really like it to. Nevertheless, people keep on coming to find out about me and my work, so for that I thank you all, and I look forward to the big "MegaWestgarth 50,000"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.