Wednesday, 29 October 2014

TSSZ: Vertical Slice - Wherefore Art Thou Sonic Boom?


TSSZ's most bestest, wonderful-lest column is back, and this month I'm commenting on the year long gap between Sonic Boom's broadcast in the US and France, and practically everywhere else. 

Who, what, where, when and how? Between you and me, I don't have the answers, but I sure like to pretend I do!

Check out the new article, Vertical Slice - Wherefore Art Thou Sonic Boom?, and have a read of the excerpt below:

Now, I've been trying to figure out the situation that will lead to a year long gap in Sonic Boom's worldwide broadcasting. Unfortunately, a lack of television broadcasting knowledge on my end, and a lack on communication on Sega's, has left me with my own speculation – speculation that points to Sega's inability to negotiate worldwide network deals.

Again, this is speculation, but if television broadcasting is anything like book publishing then Sega, as Sonic Boom's primary producer, might have sold the First English Language rights to Cartoon Network, which might be exclusive for a year, hence why British Sonic fans have to wait so bloody long.

Have a gander at the article in full over at TSSZ.


More From Vertical Slice:


Vertical Slice: So Called Journalism [TSSZ]
Vertical Slice: Just Like the Movies [TSSZ]
Vertical Slice: Anything But Shadow [TSSZ]
Vertical Slice: Sonic Fans are LOVE [TSSZ]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.