Thursday, 22 January 2015

Metal Gear Rising (OBS Test Recording)



I've been debating with myself over whether I should make this Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance footage public or not. This was only really a test to see if I could go through the process of recording footage with Open Broadcaster Software, with commentary and gameplay audio in the same stream, and upload the entire video to Youtube in HD.

Those who watch will soon find that I haven't anything particularly interesting to say, nor am I playing particularly well. Keep in mind that this was the third time I've tried to do this recording in full, so I was also pretty tired(and hungry) when playing through the footage above.

It seems to have worked. Although I still think the volume of my commentary could be a tad higher.

Listen to parts of it, all of it, whatever. What I really want to know is if the audio/video quality is good enough without any editing on my part. If so, perhaps I will do better prepared videos in a similar vein in the future.

Let me know what you think on Twitter @MegaWestgarth.

Details of the settings used to record the video can be found after the jump.


Test upload of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC version) footage recorded with OBS (Open Broadcaster Software):

Graphics card: GTX 750Ti (non-overclocked)

Settings (as far as I can remember):
Resolution: 1080p down scaled to 720p
Encoder: NVENC
Framerate: 40fps
Container: .flv
Bitrate: 30,000
Audio: AAC
Plus other bits I've probably left out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.