Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Books Read During Soci of Metro's Third Draft






When I finished the second second draft of my novel, Soci of Metro, I posted a list of all the books I'd read during that time. I'd also marked which I'd found useful, and which I did not find useful. Here's a list of the books I read, or started to read, or am still reading, or gave up on, while working on Soci of Metro's third draft.

Maybe you want to read some of these books. Maybe you don't. Maybe you already have. Maybe you don't read at all. I don't blame you. I won't judge. Most books are rubbish, and that's the damn truth.

Philip K. Dick - A Scanner Darkly
Philip K. Dick - The Man in the High Castle
Jeanne DuPrau - The City of Ember
Alastair Reynolds - Galactic North *
Joe Haldeman - The Forever War
Richard A. Knaak - Warcraft: Day of the Dragon *
Joseph Conrad - Heart of Darkness
Stephen King - Rose Madder *
Stephen King - Different Seasons
Dawn of the Dumb - Charlie Brooker
The Rock - The Rock Says...
Mick Foley - Foley is Good
Arnold Schwarzenegger - Total Recall

Again, books in blue are ones I haven't finished. Those with asterisks I found unhelpful to read while working on Soci of Metro's third draft. And those in bold are books I found most helpful. A new category--the ones in red--are books I've given up on completely.

Also, here's the books that I was in the process of reading when I posted my previous list. I've finished none of them.

Iain Banks - The Steep Approach To Garbadale
Mark Salisbury - Artists on Comics Art
Scarlett Thomas - The End of Mr Y *
John Bonner - Why Size Matters: From Bacteria to Blue Whales
Neil Gaiman - American Gods *

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.