Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Soci of Metro: More Submissions Sent




The second batch of novel submissions to agencies has been sent off. Sample chapters and synopses of Soci of Metro have landed in the overcrowded inboxes of literary agents across the country. Well, London mostly.

It's disheartening to see that I've already made it halfway through my list of 20+ agencies that accept science fiction. Once the next few batches of submissions have been sent, and my list runs dry, what then?

It's only been a few weeks since sending my first batch. And most agencies state a firm 6-8 or 8-10 week response time. And though I've received no responses, I've received no rejections either. I still have a chance.

In the meantime I'm polishing up submissions, and working on a fourth draft of Soci of Metro. I say "fourth draft", although I'm only really hunting for typos. It's tedious, and I don't enjoy it, but it needs doing. Still, I'm busy, and that's the important thing. But it also means I don't have anything interesting to post on my blog, so… yeah, here's a GIF of Data playing with Spot.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.