Friday, 30 June 2017

MegaWestgarth: What's going on?



MegaWestgarth the blog has been a bit of a wasteland recently. You could argue it's been a wasteland for a few years now, and you wouldn't be wrong. I'm trying though—trying to keep it updated, and trying to do things to keep it updated with. I'm still writing away, sending Soci of Metro to agents, writing new short stories, sending off short stories in the hope of publication, and sitting and staring at the massive list of rejections I've accumulated.

My blog sits at the very bottom of my to-do list.
I mentioned in a previous blog post that this blog gets nowhere near as many views as it did when it was devoted to retro gaming as well as during my stint with TSSZ. I believe it's a combination of my blog posts being less focused on one topic, and the general "shrinkage" of the internet: more people go to less sites for their entertainment; blogs are dead outside of Tumblr; and video content is preferred over blogs anyway.

So what do I do? Do I keep blogging? Do I shut MegaWestgarth down? Do I leave MegaWestgarth as more of a business-card style website? Do I try and wiggle into the Youtube scene? I'm not sure. I've always been enamoured with Youtube since its conception, and I've always pondered over producing some low-fi videogame related content, something with a similar tone to what I did with Stevie on Chuckle-Bits Radio. But that'd take a lot of time, and I'd have to learn a lot of new skills.

Besides, I'm moving house. Again. And when the move's complete? Who knows. I've got some textile work that I've been meaning to showcase on this blog. I'm still scrambling around for a microphone in order to record something new with Stevie Grant. Other than that it's more story editing and music theory.

I've never mentioned this before, but I've been teaching myself music theory over the last few years. I've realised that the delivery of education via the internet is way better than it's ever been, and there no excuse for me not to use some of the free resources out there to, for a lack of a better term, expand my mind.

Anyway, there's no real point to this blog post. I just wanted to post something. Let me know if you liked this something via Twitter @MegaWestgarth, or email me at MegaWestgarth(at)gmail(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on MegaWestgarth, the personal blog of freelance and creative writer Michael Westgarth.